Part Time Elementary After School Program Assistant
Part Time Program Assistant
Are you a natural motivator? Do you like mentoring children?
Unleashing Potential believes all children can reach their magnificent potential. We provide educational and empowering experiences to help close the opportunity gap.
Our School Age Services provide high quality, evidence based before school, after school and summer camp programs in the St. Louis area.
Unleashing Potential is looking for part-time experienced, nurturing, and loving Program Assistants that will help in the development of our children. THIS IS NOT A SUMMER POSITION. This position is a part-time all year position. There will not be a lay off after the school year is completed.
The Program Assistant is the direct provider of after school programming in a St. Louis Region Elementary Schools, executing programs in alignment with Unleashing Potential’s mission and goals. Provides educational enrichment and character building programming to children. Conducts activities that cultivate growth not only academically but with a holistic approach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implements after school program under the supervision of the Site Coordinator/Manager. Give input into the creation of youth programming through daily direct interaction in classroom with children.
- Implements a variety of program components, including evidenced based curricula containing character education, life skills, olacademic, nutrition, and physical fitness activities for school aged children.
- Facilitates field trips and special events for children
- Assists in the development and implements lesson plans and prepares for daily activities.
- Facilitates regular group activities, (including educational, recreation, character building) and serves as a primary contact for students
- May provide individual tutoring with children
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- A natural love of children with the drive to motivate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organization and planning skills a must
- Strong ability and desire to work with elementary age children
- Ability to provide educational assistance to school aged children
- Strong math, reading, spelling and comprehension skills necessary
- 2 plus years’ experience in caring for school age children in a professional setting.
- Part time –Mon –Fri 2:00pm-7:00pm(hours vary)
- Performs functions in classroom and school environment.(locations vary)
- Performs duties in high energy environment with children and youth
- Ability to lift 10-25 pounds or over 25 pounds with assistance.
Please submit your resume and any letters of reference to:
Trisha Luna, Human Resource Manager
Unleashing Potential is an Equal Opportunity Employer