Warehouse Manager - Full Time
Refab Warehouse Manager – Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Description: The Warehouse Manager must be goal-driven, results-oriented and committed to the organization’s effort to increase Sales along with Donations. Must have an understanding of the mission, history, values and goals of Refab and communicate this information to diverse groups of potential donors, volunteers, & customers. Must demonstrate strong written interpersonal communication skills. The ability to work effectively as a team member with staff and volunteers is essential.
The Warehouse Manager will direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations. The WM will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and management of a wide variety of products. Ultimately, the WM should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly.
Warehouse Manager Job Duties:
- Greet donors, receive donations, and provide donation receipt
- Process donations and maintain a clean and safe working area
- Must be highly motivated and detail oriented individual
- Act as an ambassador of Refab while interacting with donors, customers and volunteers
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment, especially with volunteers
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Develop and implement work plan, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, and material handling requirements
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting annual physical counts
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; ensuring clear paths for customers and forklift lanes; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Warehouse Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Supervision, Safety Management, Non-profit Experience, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Sound Judgment
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time and lift at least 50 lbs.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org